Before you can even promote your event, you're going to need a landing page to showcase your event and the value of attending it.
These are the key elements you need to get people to register for your event:
- No distractions. This landing page should not have other links to other pages. You want them to go through this entire page until they end up registering for your event.
- Hero image. Something that showcases the unique selling point of your virtual education fair. Example: Your event is promoting MBA courses offered by the top 10 universities from Canada and Australia.
- Compelling headline. It should be unique to your event and not something like "Top Universities in Asia". A good headline has a value proposition that has a pro without a con and uses active words. Example: Get a top US degree from these universities without having to spend top-dollar.
- Bullet points. Avoid blocks of text and keep it short and simple with 3 to 5 bullet points that explain the value of attending your event.
- Social proof. Have some text/audio/video testimonials from the institutions’ alumni, current students, or parents.
- Awards & recognition. Showcase any rewards or recognition that the participating institutions have received.
- Simple form. A registration form that doesn't make the registration use more than a minute to fill in.
- Urgency. Create a sense of urgency to fill in the form. Maybe the first few people that register get a special promo if they register and attend the event.
- Consistency. Make sure that there's continuity from your marketing channels to your landing page. Nobody likes false advertising.
With Fairwiz, you can choose from a few template designs and edit them with a built-in drag-and-drop WYSIWYG landing page designer. Don't know what WYSIWYG is and want to see how it works? Book a demo or drop us an email.